Who We Seek
Magis Catholic Teacher Corps is seeking talented, committed, faith-filled recent college graduates who are seeking a unique entry into the field of teaching. Successful Magis teachers are organized and responsible, yet flexible in the face of the inevitable challenges of beginning teaching. Additionally, Magis teachers desire a shared experience of community and work hard to create strong communities in their homes and schools. Finally, successful Magis teachers enter the program with a desire to encounter Ignatian Spirituality, and thus, bring an openness to experience a variety of prayer and faith-sharing experiences.
Magis Catholic Teacher Corps reviews applications from students nationwide, and recognize that there is no “typical” candidate for our program. Because Magis is relatively small, throughout the application process we are able to get to know each of our candidates quite well, and will do our best to make the application process a positive experience for you. Ultimately, we seek teachers who joyfully strive for excellence, while sharing the gospel message of love to schools across the Midwest.
Candidates for Magis Catholic Teacher Corps:
- will hold a bachelor’s degree with a QPA of 3.0 or higher
- possess exceptional organizational and leadership qualities
- have demonstrated experiences working with young people
- are interested in a vocation as a Catholic school educator
- desire to explore their own spiritual growth and development through Ignatian Spirituality
- open their hearts and minds to building an intentional Christian community