“Community is at the heart of Christian education, not simply as a concept to be taught, but as a reality to be lived.”
-National Conference of Catholic Bishops, 1972
Magis teachers live together in intentional, faith-based community, sharing with each other the many rewards and challenges of teaching. The community experience gives our teachers the opportunity to challenge, encourage, and support one another as they develop personally, professionally, and spiritually.
- As a community of hope, our teachers encourage each other and their students to work for a more just and compassionate world.
- As a community of faith, our teachers openly share in their spiritual growth with one another.
- As a community of love, our teachers strive to be Christ for one another.
Facts About Community in Magis:
- During the summer you’ll live on campus at Creighton University with all room and board paid
- During the school year you’ll live in modest houses or converted convents with 3-8 people
- You’ll contribute each month to pay rent, utilities, food and internet.
- Magis administrators regularly visit all communities offering personal, communal and spiritual support