How to Apply
Application deadline: January 31, 2018.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be officially accepted into the Creighton University Graduate School and Magis Catholic Teacher Corps.
By clicking “Begin Application” you will be directed to the Creighton Graduate School to create a username and password for your official program application. All completed materials are due by January 31, 2018.
Step 1: Eligibility
For M.Ed. Secondary Teaching applications only: Before beginning your application, please send your unofficial transcript to Deanna Mathews to ensure that you have the necessary coursework for Nebraska’s teacher certification guidelines.
Step 2: Online Graduate School Application
*When starting the online application, please select one of the following programs
If you do NOT have a teaching certificate, select:
Magis Catholic Teacher Corps (M.Ed. Secondary Teaching)
If you currently hold or will obtain a teaching certificate by the time you begin Magis Catholic Teacher Corps, choose one of the following:
Magis Catholic Teacher Corps (MS Educational Leadership)
Magis Catholic Teacher Corps (MS School Counseling and Preventative Mental Health)
Upload the following information directly to the Graduate School application website
- $50.00 application fee
- Resume in PDF format
- Personal Statement: A short 1:30 second video introduction with statement of purpose
- Three one-page essays: Single-spaced narrative. Each essay should be on a separate page, but in one total document. Essay Guide for Applying to Magis Catholic Teacher Corps
- Four letters of recommendation, which includes the online recommendation format in addition to a type-written letter from each of the following:
a) Supervisor (work or volunteer experience)
c) Peer (roommate, friend but not a family member)
d) Spiritual Mentor (chaplain, campus minister, priest, rector, or spiritual director)
Step 3: Official Transcripts
(Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 required)
Option 1: Request official transcript(s) be sent by mail to Creighton University. The mailing address below should be used in order to ensure transcripts are received in a timely manner.
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
Option 2: Request official transcript(s) be sent to Creighton University at the e-mail address below:
Transcripts can be submitted using either method listed above prior to submission of an application for admission.
Step 4: Professional Exams
GRE: This is NOT required for the M.Ed. in Secondary Teaching, the M.S. in Counseling or the M.S. in Leadership. Contact Deanna Mathews if you have questions about which program pertains to you.
Praxis Core Test: This test is required for all applicants to the M.Ed. Secondary Teaching track. Request scores be sent to Creighton University Education Department.
Applicants applying to Magis in the M.S. in Counseling or M.S. in Leadership degree should not take the Praxis I as part of the application, but may be required to take it later on depending on the location (state) of teaching placement school in Magis.
- Reading Score: 156 minimal acceptable score
- Math Score: 150 minimal acceptable score
- Writing Score: 162 minimal acceptable score
- More information on Praxis Core Test codes for Creighton University or visit www.ets.org.
- All three components of the Praxis Core Test need to be taken by January 27 since score reports from ETS take 4-6 weeks to arrive at Creighton
*Praxis Subject Assessment (formerly Praxis II Content)
If you will be applying to the M.Ed Secondary teaching track and will NOT be certified in Theology, you will be required to pass the appropriate Praxis Subject Assessment by May 1, 2018 for full acceptance into the program. The passing of this exam ensures that you can be licensed by the state of Nebraska in your content area.
Step 5: Final Forms & Conditions
Upon acceptance, you will be sent three final admission forms and directions. Please send them directly to the Magis Catholic Teacher Corps office. The deadlines are listed below.
- Notarized Waiver and Release Form by March 20, 2018
- Notarized Letter of Intent Form by March 20, 2018
- Approximate Costs Form by March 20, 2018
- Background Check by April 1, 2018
- Praxis II Passing Scores (M. Ed. Secondary Teaching) by May 1, 2018